Your Perfect Day in Hallstatt
Walking tour covering all Highlights
- Start at Hallstatt Salt Mine Cablecar valley station
- Walk straight to the lake. Look left and enjoy the view to the ancient town.
- Go north, cross the town and at end of the town enjoy the view from the opposite direction.
- Go back to the center of the town and discover the scenory at the centracl marketpalce.
- Climb upwards and take great picture from the upper parking place.
- Go back to the cablecar valley station and buy a ride to the top.
- On the top go to view the Hallstatt Skywalk and enjoy the feeling.
- Afterwards visit the salt mine and at the end take the way down to the city or cablecar valley station
Halstatt’s tourism began in the 19th century but greatly increased after it was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1997. It became popular among Asian tourists in 2006 when it was featured on a South Korean television show. Social media images of it, captioned “the most Instagrammable town in the world,
Special Tip: Enjoy the town before 9:00 am or after 5:00 pm